Photos and content by Logan Simons
The Northwest Flower & Garden Show has been an annual celebration since 1989. It is the second largest garden show in the United States. The show brings supporters of farms and gardens from all around. It features landscaped exhibits that offer hundreds of ideas and inspiration for individual home gardens.
This year Farmer Frog built an awesome display garden for the show entitled, “Honey! We Shrunk The Farm: Urban Farming in Style.” Whether you have a very small space or a large yard, our garden served up plenty of ideas for growing food in ways you might not expect. We included a living wall, green roof, chicken coop, solar panels, rain garden, raised beds, aquaponics, a hoop house and so much more! For more information on how to get these ideas into your yard or business please contact our service team.
We are so grateful to our volunteers who put in many long hours planning, growing, preparing, building, and exhibiting. We were thrilled to be recognized for our efforts with multiple awards!
- Gold Award: an award for a winning garden.
- The American Society of Horticulture Environmental Award: an award given to the garden that demonstrates the bond between horticulture and the environment, and inspires the viewer to beautify home and community through skillful design and appropriate plant material.
- Millennial Choice Award: an award given to the garden that captures the imagination of the next generation of garden designers.
- Best Show of Theme Award: an award that captures the spirit of the 2017 theme “Taste of Spring”.
- South Sound Magazine Award: an award given to the garden that tells a story with its smart design, creativity, and originality.