Donate Every little bit matters
Farmer Frog gardens provide rich multi-generational and multi-cultural learning environments where friendship and understanding grow. Children have a safe place to play outside, benefitting from fresh air and exercise, while learning how to grow real food with other children, parents, and community members. Gardens where people eat, laugh, and play together create understanding and peaceful communities, the foundation of a peaceful world.
To continue our work, Farmer Frog needs financial support from people like you who care about providing these enriching experiences for our children and increasing our ability to grow food locally.
Make a tax-deductible donation
Your tax deductible donation buys seeds, plant starts, and tools, as well as materials to build infrastructure such as hoop houses, storage sheds, and irrigation systems; and helps provide stipends for our Urban Farmers. Donors can also sponsor families who need healthy food through our Good Food Treasure Box program.
You can specify how you would like Farmer Frog to use your donation, such as requesting that the donation go to a specific school garden or other Farmer Frog site. Sites that accept donations are listed below.
Farmer Frog operates under the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Foundation for Sustainable Community and is registered to do business as Farmer Frog. All donations to Farmer Frog are tax deductible.
Good Food Treasure Box
Farmer Frog is looking for individuals, for-profit businesses, and nonprofit partners to sponsor food boxes for local families. A sponsor investing $8 per box, or $416.00 a year, can improve the life a local family of three to five people.
How the program works
- Families who are at schools with a minimum 60% free or reduced lunch rate can participate.
- Families come to the school to fetch their food box and pay their share of $8.00 per week.
- A sponsor subsidizes another $8.00 per box each week.
- Farmer Frog adds the food. Food boxes are worth about $20 dollars each, depending on the season and the size of the box. We partner with local small farms if needed to supply the boxes whenever Farmer Frog is unable to satisfy all the needs.
- Participants who receive food boxes are required to come to one of the Farmer Frog sites to learn about gardening. They also attend nutrition and cooking classes.
- The program leads to permanent positive changes in family nutrition and eating habits.
Support the program
A donation of $8 subsidizes one box of food. A donation of $416 subsidizes a box per week for 52 weeks. Any amount is welcome and donations can be spread out over time by setting up a recurring payment.
Contact us about the program
Give to a specific garden or farm
Your tax deductible donation can support a site of your choosing. Farmer Frog is able to accept donations for the sites listed below—this includes all of the school gardens and most of our other sites.